In this fast paced digital world, building a solid platform for your child’s development still requires going back to the basics of old fashioned play. A parent can harness their child’s natural curiosity and in doing so build a strong and trusting connection.
The benefits of PLAY (Yes, this stuff is POWERFUL and backed by research):
- Develops language skills
- Acquisition of developmental motor skills
- Develops all the senses and ability to process new stimuli
- Develops problem solving skills
- Increases executive function (working memory, self control of thought and action, planning)
- Develops empathy and emotional understanding
- Develops social skills
- Establishes the foundations for literacy and academic learning
- Develops listening and comprehension skills
- Lets us be mindful and enjoy the moment
- Develop deep and trusting relationships with peers, playmates and parents/carers
- Exercise and activity
- Sets the foundation for conversations and reciprocal interactions
If you would like to read about how we harness this power of play in our packs, check out our blog here.